Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Monday, January 16, 2012

Valerie Byron is here today, January 16th on COME IN ~SIT DOWN ~ TELL

This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawing or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to google plus land at the end of the week.*****


This is a meeting place where new and old alike can hook up for their next read or just to rediscover an old love.

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.
Today we have Valerie Byron as our guest ~

Val, as she is affectionally known, is a fellow author on several sites both Gwen and I frequent, but on BookRix.com is where we have the most contact.

I am happy to say I also have a short story, Sacrificial Lambs, appearing in a book of short stories, along with Val’s short story, No Choice, in SANDCASTLES and other stories.

Now, let us move onto the reason Val, thankfully for us readers, picked up her pen to share ~


What inspired you to write?
I found my mother's manuscripts from when she went to a writing class. She wrote of her early years – and then of her love affair. I was so impressed that I decided to write my own autobiography.


Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?
I write by myself, only showing my completed work to friends when I am satisfied with the end product.


What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?
I enjoy writing about what I know – real life drama together sprinkled with a little fantasy and a few ghost stories as well. There is no way I could write about vampires or werewolves, as they are just not my cup of tea. Am not really into mysteries or thrillers either.



Do you ever base your characters on people you know?
All of my characters are based on someone I have known at some time in my life.



What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?
Before you even attempt to write a story, be certain you have read a great deal. By reading, you will learn how to put an articulate sentence together. Start writing short stories – get feedback, and learn from your mistakes. Take classes if you can – they will be invaluable. But reading is the most important part of being a good writer.


Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?
My children's stories ALL have morals because I think we should be teaching children a lesson, even if it is very subtle.


Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?
My stories are diverse. I have written about my own life – together with a couple of romances, kids' stories, ghost tales, a psychological thriller, a western and a fantasy. I even put a semi-horror story in the mix. I switch from old-fashioned British writing to modern – more current speech, depending on the time period.


Valerie Byron's latest links

My autobiography, NO ORDINARY WOMAN will be available for purchase on amazon.com on January 31, 2012.

My website is: www.wix.com.valeriebyron/valeriebyorn

My Amazon author page is:
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003WEBO1U



Thank you, Val, for stopping by. We hope to see you again soon here on http://indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html

avatar
Thanks for the interview, Paula. I appreciate your interest and time!

No comments:

Post a Comment