Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Angela Theresa Egic, today, February 4th is here on Come In, Sit Down, Tell Us about....

This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html  G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.



Angela Theresa Egic is with us today, February 3... Angela is a fellow author on BookRix who has an interesting and varied background. Angela ~
What inspired you to write?

In general? As a child, I would watch the tv show "Lassie". I told my mother I wanted to be "on the show" as the 'little girl Lassie saved'. She explained there was a story, or how to write one -- and I started writing episodes of the show. Tried to get my dog (a mutt) to act it out with my cousins and all. They were, as far as Mom tells me, very original plots story lines. I was about 4 to 6 years old!

Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?

It varies. Depends on what I'm writing. I have been in playwriting and screenwriting groups -- where we share everything. I usually write alone, though.

What genre do you normally write in?

Non-Fiction, Prose, Playwrighting, Screenwriting.

Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?

My screenplays are generally very, very dramatic -- not sure if I can write a full-length comedy. Also, I have an interest in doing and writing stand-up comedy; yet, afraid of it. I'm an actor, and can perform improv, scripts, etc., yet, stand-up comedy scares me more than all the other performing I do.

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?
Pretty much, always; or a secret part of me.

What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

Write, don't think about it. Start with poetry or prose . . . journaling, even. Get ideas flowing by actually writing. And READ, read what is selling, the genre you want to work in.


Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

Yes, many of them.

This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome!Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over.

What's your name?

Everyone calls me Marble...don't remember any other names, except I was called Lesley as a kid.

Where are you from?

Here, Times Square, the streets...I guess. Sometimes my pimp, Jade, he says I talk like those people in England. I don't remember cuz I do it when I'm sleepin'...so Jade says.

What is your role in the book?

This cop...well, I guess...like undercover, is looking to help save the little girls who are out here. Too late for me, though, I'm grown. Anyway, he asks me to help him and I like the way he talks. He has that accent, like I do in my sleep, from England, too. So, I'm going to help him stop the sick bastards that hurt little kids.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?

Fun psychological character studies. And some self-help and interesting topics in non-fiction.

Here is Angela’s latest info and links

http://angelaura28.wordpress.com

http://www.facebook.com/PsychicANGELA

1 comment: