Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Anna L Walls on Come In, Sit Down, Tell Us About...


For you that are new, please read our intro now printed in Blue - for our returning guest feel free to jump to the text in black:

This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave information about themselves - telling about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****


Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/ , a site which I am closely affiliated.


As I am wont to say {as does Facebook}, our site is free to comment and share and always will be free. This is a great site to join and to become interactive with guest blogging. It gives you a chance to step out of your box and be whatever you wish.


Another blog that I have a close tie is CRYPTO and CO. Please pop over and check out all their pages.


I have been off doing business and my blogging, unfortunately, falls by the wayside. There is so much news to tell and swamping tends to cross eyes and brain fog off... so only a few links on today's news.

If we thought last month was busy, this month got off to a plunge into new adventures of editing, writing, publishing, promoting, and social interaction.


The Rain Cloud's Gift written for Children's Charities by our group The Peacock Writers' is on it's way to the NYC BOOK FAIR at the JACOB JAVIT'S CONVENTION CENTER. No mass books or signing, just books displayed for industry professionals, stars, editors, publicists, publishers, and acquisition teams for the movie industry. Gwenna D'Young has an Angel who was so impressed with the book, and has given us the money and backing to have the book appear in the line up. We are also in the process of releasing a full, pictures included, limited edition.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, Thursday, June 7, 2012 we have Anna L. Walls, an author who lives in the state of Alaska - two times the size of Texas, and sporting a coastline of over 30,000 miles.

My husband and I had the pleasure of seeing a minute coastal area of Alaska during a cruise trip.  While in a local store in Sitka, Alaska, one of the customers came in to report that "Jimmy was down at the fishing hole and got chased AGAIN by THAT darn bear."

Anna's story is not about bears but is an exciting epic that I for one will be buying - I prefer autographed copies and Anna will have this option - read down and find out when you too can get a copy ~

What inspired you to write?

Oddly enough it was getting a computer that started me on the road to write. I hadn't given it much thought before, not more than a few scratchings on some paper a time or two, and certainly nothing to be published - not even an inkling.

Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?

I have to say I do it all myself. I search far and wide for any advice I can scrape together, but getting actual advice on a piece of my own work is extremely difficult to come by. Mostly I have tried my best to learn the tricks of the trade and apply it to the best of my ability, and then I rely on a professional editor for a final grooming.

What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't think you could pull it off?

I like to read and write fiction, and I love things that have a touch of magic in it. I'm not too comfortable with fairies and dragons etc., but that doesn't mean I won't tackle it sometime in the future. I already have an idea. Read about it here:
http://annalwalls.blogspot.com/2010/11/writers-block-what-are-your-solutions.html


Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

Yes, I do, but most times it's only certain quirks or mannerisms I'll use. If I go any further, I request permission and then I ask a series of questions to make certain details correct. Probably only that person would be able to tell though. It still is fiction.

What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

Write to your heart's content - the more the better - but also work exceptionally hard to learn how to do so well. It is the well written story that will weave it's way under a reader's skin.

Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

I don't try for any particular moral,  but I do like it when the hero wins out over the bad guy, or he gets the girl. 

This question was posed by a fellow author, and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~
Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector.
Welcome!Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?

Mmmuahahahaha - Ludwyn is my name and I'd see the color of your blood if that upstart usurper hadn't stolen my throne and my magic. I'll get him back. All I have to do is escape and recover my magic back, and then I'll see you all bleed.


Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?
Oh I don't know. I can't please everyone, but I do think I weave a fairly decent story, if I venture to say so myself. 

Links for books and/or sites
Amazon has my book KING BY RIGHT OF BLOOD AND MIGHT -
http://www.amazon.com/King-Right-Blood-Might-ebook/dp/B0079W1BZU/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2
- and I just discovered that they have added a nifty little feature where similar statements were lumped together with other reviewers who said much the same thing. For instance, four different reviewers said, "Gotta see the movie". I wish.
Also for the summer months of June through August I'm selling my book through my website - 
http://AnnaLWalls.weebly.com/
- During those months I can ship out books, and I'll be able to sign them 

1 comment: