Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Stephen Drake ~ Above the Cut continued

I am almost finished with Stephen Drake's first book - Displaced and I like it so much, I immediately went and purchased book number two in the series and that one is Civilization.  Displaced will be reviewed the third week in August 2018.  And if number two is as fast reading as is book number one, there will be two reviews. (links will be added when posted)

In the formal interview, Stephen Drake's first answer startled me because a lot of authors that start later in life with writing is due to injuries or disabilities and when I asked him if he would share the injury I was more startled because my initial inner answer had been "well, it is not his brain."

But it is.  And, truly I know from having three strokes that neurons after head injuries if exercised will divert from the original avenue and build a bridge and reconnect.  It has happened to me and most assuredly it has with Stephen Drake as well.  The limitations of an injury can aptly be overcome especially when one gets bored and new ventures are attempted and conquered.

He loves dogs and raised them.  Pugs are his favorite but Rottweilers and Dobermans while getting a bad rap are fantastic dogs.  I've not really met a dog I did not like.

A fact in one of his answers gives hope to people who started and stopped.  His first book was started when he was 22 back in the 1970s but put aside from lack of interest by his family.  I know too in those days, it was impossible to be published unless you knew someone in the business.  But his injury caused by undiagnosed sleep apnea is a blessing to his readers. He became bored and picked up the story started many years ago, dusted it off, and it is a good fast reading hybrid of a story.  More on that when I do the review.

If you want to see what Stephen Drake reads and reviews AND a sneak peek into his books, here is a link to his brand new blog:   https://planetoomah.com/

Check out his interview at  https://paulandpaulasbooks.wordpress.com/2018/08/16/stephen-drake-above-the-cut/




No comments:

Post a Comment