Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Rick Johnson ~ Above the Cut ~ Chat

Rick Johnson has been writing for five years.

In those years, I've been buried in day to day survival and missed out on his books - this has been good for me because now I have a 'new' author to blitz. I have sampled two of his books and am in the middle of reading one, Trailor Trash which has a sequel in the wings.

Check out my sister site for a full interview with a 'new to me' author with a sense of humor - Rick Johnson ~ Above the Cut

The reasoning behind why I accepted his friendship lurks in the depths of our love for our dogs. And he is an author, but that comes second.

His first book, A Dog's Best Goober was
written, again with humor, and featured his dog Mentos.

I asked, "Is Connor the dog in your A Dog's Best Goober book?"

Rick replied, "No. That was Methos.
He died 2 years ago today (July 10, 2016) in his sleep beside me. He was 18 years old. I went to the local animal shelter a couple of weeks later without any intentions of going through that pain again. Just wanted to make a donation. Then I saw Connor in a cage. Took him to a bonding room. The rest is history."

I've gotten to know Connor in my mind as the Sonic dog on Rick Johnson's page where you can ask for friendship if you want to follow Connor and his best friend on their day to day forays into the wilds of their local Walmart and Sonic! Connor is Rick Johnson's Amazon author stand-in

Rick's thoughts on Connor - "I got lucky. Not many people find a Connor. He stepped in when I needed him the most. After Methos died, I took a long trip and went to every place we went together. Thought about taking Connor to those same places. Decided against it. We have our own roads to travel."

Rick's other animals - "I miss all my fur babies. Still, take the time to tell them I love them every day. That includes Ceasar who has been gone 27 years now."

I asked if he had a picture of Ceasar?

His reply, "I don't have one of Ceasar, but let me get one of Bear for you.
There's Bird Bird!

Here's Bear. Protective of me up until the day he passed."
"Besides Bear, Connor, and Methos there was also Ceasar and Tex. There was also Bird Bird whose nickname was Girl Girl. She was a dove I had for 20 plus years.



No comments:

Post a Comment