Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Clifton Brown is here today, February 2nd on Come In, Sit Down, Tell Us About...

This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.
 



Today, February 2, we have we us, Clifton Brown or better known to his BookRix friends, garilano, a new author to that site and an enjoyable read.  Welcome, Clifton ~

What inspired you to write?

I suppose no one thing has inspired me to write, but a combination of things coalesced into a desire to weave tales. My English and History teachers would always tell me that I had a knack for putting together words in an informative yet entertaining manner. I was apparently born with a talent for spinning tales according to my parents and siblings. I started reading at age four. I used to play D&D and created some wicked dungeons that my friends would urge me to publish. Finally stories begin in my mind and increase in strength and urgency until they force me into doing something with them.


Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?

I don't currently have anyone to ask for advice on my manuscripts. I would not mind it though.

What genre do you normally write in?   Also,  is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?

I tend to write sci-fi and fantasy. I'd like to write mystery but I don't think I could.

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

I definitely base some of my characters on people I know. I tend to use one or two character traits then fill in the blanks so that my book characters are not mirror images of their real-life counterparts.I also mix characteristics from different people to make a new character at times.

What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?


My advice to someone starting off is to write everyday even if it is just a paragraph. Eventually it will become habit and you will miss it if you stop. Grab some books on grammar and other writing basics. Seek out advice from groups like those here on Bookrix and finally bookmark dictionary.com and thesaurus.reference.com.

Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

One can usually find a moral in my stories but it is not an intentional thing. I have been told by my daughters that I tend to proselytise at every opportunity.


This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome!Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?


Character: My name is Shakti and I can control all of the four elements. That is not my given name but it is now who I am. My given name was Ella Minter and I was born and raised in South Side Chicago. I am a member of The Synod, the governing body in the collection of Hamlets which form The Glen. The Glen is a community where mages have come to seek sanctuary from a world which would persecute them. They have also banded together to try and save the world from annihilation. I am the third most powerful Archmage in The Glen and I am the only one who has been successful in talking down our leader, Garilano the most powerful Archmage in all of history, from one of his fugue states.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?

I think you would enjoy reading my books because I try to be so descriptive that it creates a movie in your mind. It is my hope that the pictures you see are the same as mine. I also do very detailed research to ensure my subject matter is at least feasible even though I deal mostly with fantasy I want my reader to think that it is at least possible. I call it the 'What if?' factor. Every time I have read a book or seen a movie with that factor it inspires me. It makes me believe that there must be more to the universe than our limited perspective allows us to see and for some reason that gives me hope.

I am currently doing a final (or so I think) edit on my book Rogue:Awakenings in preparation for publishing on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. You can find it currently on Bookrix at the following address: http://www.bookrix.com/_title-en-c-arnold-brown-rogue-awakenings

I am working on Book 2 of the series and am about half done with the first draft. I'm working on a short story called Thirtember which came to me when I wrote the wrong date on a log in sheet while delivering to a local grocer (I'm a vendor working for Nestle). I wrote the date as 13/31 instead of 12/31.

I am also building a dollhouse for my granddaughter, knitting myself a scarf and participating in a state-wide karaoke contest (I won 2nd place 2 years ago and yes I'm bragging. The 3rd place winner made it to Hollywood with American Idol the year before). Busy life? Nah!

No comments:

Post a Comment